There are some wedding pros who stand out from the crowd – they are successful, happy and have wonderful clients. What is their secret?
Whether you are just starting out in your business or want to take it to the next level, here are 5 things that these successful business owners do and an action plan for you to incorporate them in your wedding business. Ready?
1. They are passionate
Successful wedding professionals don’t just like their businesses– they are truly passionate about their work and they share that passion with their clients. Whether they love providing amazing photography or helping clients pick the perfect dress or flowers, it shows in everything that they do.
2. They take their business seriously
Top wedding pros treat their business like a business, not a hobby. They have a plan and execute it: from lead generation and marketing to staying on top of client work, they have systems in place that keep everything organized.
They also know that it is impossible to do it all, and do it all well. They know when to seek help – whether it is hiring an intern or part-time assistant or simply outsourcing some of the tasks they aren’t best at through services like ODesk or Hire My Mom.
3. They know how to attract their ideal client
These wedding professionals know exactly who they want to work with and how to find them. Their marketing is set up to appeal to their ideal client’s problems and they emphasize their services as a way to solve them.
They also know that having a strong business image is important – from marketing materials to their website and social media; they know their brand and keep everything consistent.
4. They share their time and expertise
They know that people like to buy from and be associated with experts. They build up their expertise and share that knowledge with clients and colleagues through blog posts, social media and networking events.
Top wedding pros also know that it is important to get involved with their community – from local wedding pro groups to charity fundraisers, everything they do builds their reputation as a solid business owner who gives back. They truly care about their community and it shows.
5. They invest in ongoing education
Have you heard the saying ‘learners are earners?’
It has been shown that business owners who invest in themselves through ongoing education are more likely to earn more. Top wedding pros stay current with the latest trends and find ways to use these trends to their advantage in their marketing.
In addition to knowing what is new in their field, wedding pros who keep up with the latest wedding business marketing information have an edge. Whether you purchase an online course, attend national conferences like Wedding MBA or simply keep up with industry blogs or magazines, ongoing education is a key part of building a successful wedding business.
Now that you know what the top wedding pros do, how can you incorporate those tips in your business?
Your Action Plan for Success
- Determine your passion level for your business. Are you doing what you truly want to be doing? If not, what can you change about your business to bring back that passion?
- How can you better communicate your passion for your work to your clients?
- Look at your business from the outside. What is working? What is not working? Create systems to track leads and client work and outsource those tasks you aren’t good at or don’t like.
- Evaluate your marketing and branding. Are they designed to attract your ideal clients?
- If you need help finding your ideal client, check out Stephanie’s article: 3 Ways to Attract Your Ideal Wedding Clients
- Be active in your community. Join a local wedding group, networking group or volunteer for a charity event.
- Share your expertise through blog posts, articles and social media.
- Invest in ongoing education – subscribe to industry blogs and consider attending a seminar or online class.
What other tips do you have to create a successful wedding business?